Thursday, June 7, 2012

Stuck Due To Mudslide

So the tons of rain has caused a huge mudslide about 80 kms outside Revelstoke and I was forced to take a rest day.  For the most part we hung out in town and had a good lunch at a place called The Nomad which was a great suggestion by Julia LoVecchio who hopefully (if I can get through today) I will be seeing tomorrow.

So they are saying that the road is supposed to open at noon today.  The plan is to ride till they tell me to stop or they clear the road.  If I have to I will do some ninja camping on the side of the road and do a really really big day the next day to make up for lost time. At least its not raining today. Wish me luck.

In the mean time here are some pictures that I promised...I would have more but its rare to be dry enough to get the camera out.

Shot of Alex and me on the road to Merritt.
Brad, who joined us on the ride up the Coquihalla, enjoying the views at the top

The view from the top.
Me at the summit (I am much more tired than I look).

No comments:

Post a Comment